The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees the right of citizens to own, carry, and become proficient in firearms. It reads, “A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
This is the right of every American, but many may wonder how to safely and responsibly begin learning about firearms. C2 Tactical in Scottsdale and Tempe, Arizona, offers the resources you need to learn more about different types of firearms and how to use them:
- Learn More About Personal Safety & Concealed Carry Options
- Protect Your Home & Your Loved Ones
- Personalize The Training You Need & Learn at Your Own Pace
Here are the basic steps to start training with a firearm.
Learn from a Qualified Instructor
Finding an instructor who is knowledgeable, experienced, and qualified to teach firearms training is essential. All our classes and personal instruction at C2 Tactical are conducted by weapons experts who hold a minimum NRA Pistol Instructor and/or USCCA CCHDF Instructor Certification. Many also have extensive experience in the military and/or law enforcement.
Our qualified instructors are kind, patient, knowledgeable, and friendly. Beginner firearms classes routinely cover:
- The Basics: Learning the basic safety rules and procedures is essential before you start handling firearms. This includes knowing how to properly load and unload a firearm, aim and shoot, and safely store and transport firearms.
- Choosing the Right Firearm: Our instructors can help you choose the right firearm for your needs and goals. They will consider your skill level and experience and help you become familiar with different types of weapons for new shooters.
- Understanding the Law: It is essential to understand the federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to firearms. We will help you become familiar with Arizona’s laws relating to owning, carrying, and using a firearm.
C2 Tactical offers the following firearms classes for beginners:
- Introduction to Handguns
- Basic Handgun
- Practical Pistol 1
- Introduction to Rifle
- Basic Rifle
- Introduction to Shotgun
- Basic Shotguns
- Women’s Introduction to Handgun
- Women’s Basic Handgun
- Women’s Practical Pistol
- CCW1 Basic Concealed Carry Weapon
C2 Tactical offers various other courses at higher levels for more advanced shooters. See our course listings and calendar for information.
Like any skill, shooting requires practice to improve. Make sure to practice regularly to build your skills and maintain your proficiency. C2 Tactical has two modern indoor shooting ranges where you can book a lane for practice. Also, every Monday is Ladies’ Day at both C2 Tactical locations. Women shooters enjoy FREE range time on Mondays.
We offer rental firearms, targets, ammunition, and other amenities to help you establish a regular practice regimen for firearms proficiency. Membership packages make this more accessible, and we have several to meet the needs of different shooters. Ask one of our team members for more information.
Join a Shooting Club
Joining a shooting club can provide you with additional training and opportunities to practice and compete with other shooters. Women of Steel (WOS) is our Women’s Only shooting club, with groups meeting monthly in Tempe and Scottsdale. Ask a team member about it or other shooting clubs that interest you.
Learning to use a firearm safely and proficiently takes time and practice. Are you new to shooting? C2 Tactical is happy to help you get started. Contact us today to learn more about beginner training courses and other resources.